Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Excuse me, WHAT??!!!






Today while I was hard at work doing markdowns in baby girl with my boss Lisa and friend Judy, I said:

I really can't wait till bowl season is over! Maybe then I could get something done at home.

Judy: What are you talking about Jill? What's bowl season?

Me: You know, bowl season. College football BOWL SEASON!!!

Judy: What's the big deal about college football "bowl season"?

Me: Well, I go home from work every night, and then switch on the TV for a few minutes and there's a bowl game on and I just sit and watch it all night long. I'm just ready for bowl season to be over!

Lisa: Jill, when football season is over, there will just be another sport starting.

Judy: What are you two talking about?

Lisa: Well, Jill loves sports. It's like she got the mind of a man!

EXCUSE ME? I DO NOT HAVE THE MIND OF A MAN!!!!!!!!! Just because I listen to ESPN Radio, watch Sports Center, understand the infield fly rule, can keep score of a baseball game, anxiously await my ESPN The Magazine, look forward to reading Rick Reilly, know what it means when they say FIRST AND TEN in a football game, and think that the BCS is a bunch of crap, DOES NOT MEAN I HAVE THE MIND OF A MAN!!!!!

Honestly, I was a little offended, and really shocked!! The mind of a man? Come on!! Is there any lower insult? First of all, boys are GROSS!!! It doesn't matter if they're 2, 22, or 102, BOYS ARE GROSS!!! If you don't believe me, go ahead and ask one, they usually admit it. Second, I love a GOOD romance novel (they're hard to find), most men wouldn't be caught dead with a romance novel! I also worry too much what people think of me (many of the men I know don't really care too much what other people think. At least Greg doesn't)! I worry about not doing enough for my friends, family and at work. I have also been known to cry. None of the men I know cry when they get over-tired (I do) and not understand why they're crying, it's not manly. Also, any man with this many curves would run back to the cave from which they came and hide forever! And finally, ALL men instinctivley know how to use jumper cables and change a tire (I don't)!

And as you can see from the above images, I clearly DO NOT have the mind of a man!

By the way: opening day for baseball is just 2 1/2 short (okay really, that's a long time) months away and spring training starts next month!!!!! Now, that's "the most wonderful time of the year"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



2 comments:

Heather said...

You are too funny. I agree, you don't have the mind of a boy. You are just well rounded. Isn't it nice that you can have a conversation with a boy and hold your own? I love it personally.

Jill said...

DID I PUT A PICTURE OF A YANKEE ON MY BLOG? Oh my gosh, I did!!!!! For this, I apologize!! I am morally opposed to the Yankees!! Except when it comes to baseball history.