Wednesday, December 17, 2008

16 Years!!!!!

Look at what I got at work today:




Today Greg and I are celebrating our 16th anniversary!!! WOW!!!! We have officially doubled the length of an average marriage in the United States. I mentioned this to my Dad and he told me: "Well, don't worry about being AVERAGE!!!!!" AMEN!!!!!

I am so happy. Not just today, but with life in general. Work is crazy, home is crazier, and I'm still in alot of pain, but I'm happier than I've been in a long time. It's refreshing!

I was looking at our wedding picture and we look SO YOUNG!!!!! I was only 18 when we got married (a child bride), but I'm happy.

I must have done something right sometime in my existence to deserve such an AMAZING husband. Heaven knows that I've given him reasons to not like me very much, (he has also given me reasons to not like him either) but he's stuck with me. Even when I turned stupid for a couple of years. I really don't know what he sees in me.

These are some of my favorite things about Greg:

1. He's HOT!
2. He's funny!
3. He makes me smile!
4. He's an amazing father!
5. He's an amazing son!
6. He's a great provider!
7. He taught me how to keep score to a baseball game.
8. He listens to me (or pretends to) when I need to vent.
9. He always expects my best.
10. He sees the best in me and everyone around him.
11. He has amazing faith!
12. He tends to sees the big picture!
13. He takes me to the movies and dinner when he doesn't want to.
14. He talks sports and politics with me.
15. He's my best friend!
16. He loves me!!!

I really think I've got the most amazing husband on earth. When I look back at the last 16 years, I think we've had more happy times than sad, and there is really no one on earth I'd rather be with. We were talking to a friend at church who is a widower and just got engaged. We were congratulating him, and he said: "It's so nice to have a companion again. You two are so blessed." This reminded me how fortunate I am to have Greg to lean on when I need to. Sometimes I think I lean on him too much, but now I feel like he's helping me stand on my own. Does that make sense?

Some things he does DRIVE ME CRAZY!!! Like:

1. He's a Cowboys fan.
2. He's a Dodgers fan.
3. He likes David Locke.
4. He and I don't agree on politics, most of the time.
5. He puts spicy Velveeta Cheese on his Doritos. GROSS!!!!
6. He eats said Doritos and then ties to kiss me!! I HATE the smell of Doritos! He also does this with black licorice. NASTY!!

As much as anniversaries make us look back, this year I'm looking forward. I am looking forward to the years to come! I know that things can change, but I'm going to do my best to keep them from changing.

Being with Greg makes me happy!!!

I love you!

Thanks for the flowers!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats, 16 years is a LONG time. I am happy for you.
Who is engaged? (Is it Larry???)

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! I thought of the two of you on the 17th. You know, it's amazing - I can't remember what month during this year my friend had her baby but I can remember your anniversary! I'm so glad we've been friends all these years.