Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I've Lost My Freakin' Mind!!!

This year Chris started Jr. High. I know, I know, I'm much too young to have a child in Jr. High, but sadly it's true. Anyway, when Chris started school this year we told him to be involved in as many things as he could. And he has. First, was cross-country track, and now wrestling.

I have to admit that when I gave Chris this advice I didn't really think to much about it, just be involved, but now I'm going to wrestling meets! If you've never been to one, your really missing out. First of all, you get to sit in a stinky Jr. High gymnasium. Next the "outfits" they make the wrestlers can be disturbing (to say the least -- my sister saw Chris in his and about had a fit). Watching these boys get "warmed up" is about the funniest thing I've ever scene. No where else in the world can you see boys doing back bends and jerking around like they're having some kind of fit. And finally, you get to watch two boys try to rip each other apart. I can't believe how many people have told me that wrestling isn't really fighting and that it doesn't hurt. Ahhh... It is to fighting (where else can I see a nice guy that I go to church with every Sunday on his hands and knees screaming: "Throw him to the floor!!!! Throw him to the floor!!!! Pull his arms back, use your weight and smash him into the ground!!!!" Yeah, right, it's not a fight. And don't tell me it doesn't hurt, I've scene all the bruises that Chris has. The highlight of my wrestling experience was when one boys squeezed another boy so much that he threw-up. FOUR TIMES!!!!!! Gross!!!!!!

I have to say that despite all of these negative (and disgusting) points I found myself enjoying myself at this weeks wrestling meet. I even found myself cheering for the boys that I knew (many I've known for years) even though most of the time I was just peeking through my fingers because I was trying to cover my eyes.

Chris lost his match in 3 rounds on points 5-2, but I'm so proud of him. He has been faithfully going to practice every morning, I usually see him stumbling into the bathroom before I leave for work, and I go to work REALLY, REALLY early. I'm more of a baseball girl (that's a surprise if you really know me :). I can explain the infield fly rule, but I don't know one thing about wrestling rules. I can admit my ignorance, I try not to, but I can admit it.

So, you may ask, what's the point of this blog? And the answer is: I think I've lost my mind!!! Normally, you can find me lounging in the warm sun, drinking a lemonade, listening to my ipod, keeping score of a baseball game. You can even find me yelling stupid things like: "Swing all the way through" (like there's really another way to swing) "See the ball and drive it" (What's the point of that?) Or "Keep your eye on the ball", (what exactly does that mean?) Anyway, the point is, I'm normally a nice mellow baseball fan, but today I found myself saying:

"Come on Chris be aggressive!!!"
"Use your weight to keep him down!!"
"Come on now, don't let him move!!"
"Your not hurt!!"

and:

"Come on, THROW HIM TO THE GROUND!!!!!

Like I've said: I've lost my freakin' mind!!!

2 comments:

Aly said...

I am laughing so hard right now and getting the heebeejeebee's just thinking about the "outfits"!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! You are so funny, Jill! I love your descriptions! And I don't think I would want to see the outfits, either! And vomiting??? YUCK!