Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sweet Revenge!!!!

Today, I got my revenge on Kolbie for being such a stinker at church last week (see: Kolbie what am I going to do with you post).

Before we came home from church today, Chris came over and announced that he was going to be set apart as the Secretary of the Deacon Quorum. Well, okay. Greg and I thought that they would ask a kids parents if it was okay if they were called to a calling, but whatever.

So, Kolbie comes up and says: "What's taking so long? Can we leave now? I'm hungry!!!"

Greg turns to her and says: "No, the Bishop wants to talk to you."

Kolbie: "About what?"

Me: "About your behavior last Sunday!"

Kolbies eyes got as big as dinner plates, she folded her arms and marched herself right out of the church. Greg and I thought that she was going to start walking home, but it was just too cold. She decided to stand outside and stare us down for a minute. So, the Bishop called us all into his office. The Bankheads were there, Brother Gustafson, Derrick Jensen, the Bishop and Brother White.

The Bishop walks right up to Kolbie and says: "I understand that you upset your mother last week."

Kolbie: "Um." At this point she glances over at Greg and I and sighs.

SIDEBAR: Greg and I are trying to control fits of glee.

Bishop: "You know you shouldn't act like that at church, right?"

Kolbie: "Well, yeah I guess."

Bishop: "Don't upset your Mom like that again. Okay?"

Kolbie: "Okay."

Fortunately for me, Kolbie didn't know that I told the Bishop the entire gruesome truth about why I got so mad and left last week. He actually though it was pretty funny.

We have all been home from church for about 30 minutes and Greg and I are soooooo happy!!! I hope Kolbie learned a lesson from this!!! I'm just glad that Greg was smart enough to tell Kolbie that the Bishop wanted to talk to her in the first place. CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY HUSBAND IS A GENIUS!!!!

3 comments:

The Wibergs said...

LOVE IT!

Sarah said...

You know she sounds an awful lot like her mother!

Aly said...

Oh man, that takes the cake!