Friday, March 14, 2008

I have a life that at times is very rewarding. But my life is always messy. I will tell you my likes and dislikes, I'll talk about my friends and family (I will change names to protect and innocent and the guilty). I'll talk about my blessings and my trials. I'll talk about my feelings and what I think about things in the world. I've always been opinionated (just ask anyone who knows me), so I just might upset you. I don't care.

Today not only do I feel like my life is messy, I feel like it's out of control. Sometimes the choices of others effect me too much. At times I feel selfish, but I believe everyone is justified to stay in bed with the covers pulled up over their head every once in a while. I'm not suggesting that we hide from all of our problems, but sometimes I just need to feel safe.

I know that I have caused more than one person to feel like I'm feeling today, and I'm sorry. I guess that old saying: "...what goes around comes around..." really is true.

On to happier subjects. I LOVE BASEBALL!!! I love watching games either at the ball park or in my family room on TV. I LOVE IT!!!!!! I know it's spring when: first, regular season starts and second, when my tulips are blooming.

Yesterday I dropped my son off at "spring-training". It was cold and rainy, but it was great. When I went to pick him up, I talked with what I call "The Baseball Crowd". These are friends that I hardly ever see during the off-season, but I see everyday during the season. Oddly enough, these are some of my closest fiends. I really should make more friends (or keep in touch with my old ones.)

These friends are important to me. I cheer with them over great plays and amazing hits, as well as great report cards and new opportunities. I also cry with them, when they let in the winning run on an error, or when a family is facing cancer, or opportunities just don't turn out the way we want them to. I could probably describe how I feel about these people by calling them my "Baseball Family". These are all people that my kids play ball with. And no, I don't like all of them, and they don't all like me. But there are some that I find truly amazing. I am excited to see them all again. I'm hoping to have this "family" grow this year, because my girls have decided to play softball. A new league means new friends.

No comments: