Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Prayer, Love and Faith

Today I've been working around the house, listening to my ipod, just trying to get things done, and I've been thinking. Alot.

For those of you who don't know I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. aka:I'm a Mormon. Don't worry, I'm not going to talk doctrine, I'm going to talk about prayer, love, and faith. I believe these topic can apply to anyone, so don't sign-off just yet.

I've been watching the people that I love very carefully over the past several days. Sometimes, that's hard. I hate that people that I care for are struggling, but I guess it's just a fact of life. I discovered I really wanted to help them, but didn't know how. For once, I think I did the right thing. I prayed. Now let me be clear: I don't care what you personally believe, but I think that prayer can help anyone. In short: I don't believe that you have to be a Mormon to let prayer help you. However, I can only speak from my own experience.

Anyway, my prayers helped me, and they helped the people I love, because I let them. Here's what I mean: I felt better, I felt happier, I felt more calm, I felt that the best thing I could do was to love them. I know that sounds really stupid, but that's what I felt. I realized that was the only I could do. Everyone makes bad choices (especially me), and sometimes all that is needed is support and love. Things that seemed so important before, all of a sudden weren't important at all. I just kept thinking that I loved them, and they loved me, and that was all that mattered.

I must admit however, that to me, it seemed all too simple. I kept thinking: that's it? There's not more? That's where my faith came in. And it wasn't really faith in God, it was faith in me. I had to find the faith to remember what I learned, and what to do. I had to have faith, that I didn't need to rush in and make everything all better (I tend to do that). I had to have faith that loving someone sometimes is all you can do.

Things are not resolved. I still have questions, and concerns, but I feel better. It's funny how small lessons, really aren't small. And how sometimes you need to be reminded of what you already knew.

I love my family. We're all NUTS!!! Every single one of us. But my family is mine, and they make me feel loved and safe (most of the time). We fight, we argue, we're loud, obnoxious, and opinionated but I love them all. From my parents, grandparents, brothers, sister, nieces, nephews, cousins, aunts, uncles, and of course my husband and children.

Hey guys -- We're a strange bunch, but I love you all!!!

No comments: