Sunday, June 29, 2008

Devotion

When I got home from church I turned on the TV and there was nothing on and soon found myself watching: A SOCCER GAME!!

You all know that I LOVE baseball and can tolerate football, but I really hate soccer. At least I thought I did.

I don't understand the rules and it was about as fun as watching paint dry until about three quarters of the way through the first half. The score was 1-0 for Spain and then: the captian for Germany got hurt. No bid deal right? Wrong. The poor guy was going to try and hit the ball with his head (I think this is called a header) and bonked heads with his opponinent and cut his head open. And again I ask: what's the big deal? Well, the big deal is: the guy was laying on the grass bleeding everywhere and the medical team came right out onto the field, and sewed his head up right there in the middle of everything. They didn't even stop playing!

Now, that's what I call sacraficing yourself for the game! No time out, no nothing!!! Everyone just went right on playing while the guy got 4 stitches in his head!! The only delay when when the ref (I think that's what they call them in soccer) ran by the guy and yelled at him he needed to go change his jersey because the one he had on had blood all over it! That's what I call devotion!

Just thought I'd share.

3 comments:

The Wibergs said...

No time out & he didn't even get off the field!?! That's nuts!

(So I'm at home and I keep thinking everything I'm doing is the opposite of what we talked about in class today!)

Jenny said...

What did you talk about in class today, Carin? I miss relief society. But I love young women's.

Alfredo loves soccer. I have to admit I like it better than baseball...and about the same as football. But I can't claim to be much of a sports watcher. But that is crazy that they just stitched him up right there on the field. I wonder if that was the same game Alfredo watched today as I took a nap? I'll have to ask him.

Katie said...

OUCH TAHT MUST OF HURT!!!! That was pretty funny that it happend like that. I was reading twilight at that time. So I didn't even know what was going on all I heard you say was," THEY WON'T EVEN COME TO TAKE HIM AFF THE FEILD!!! Greg come see this!!!!