Thursday, June 12, 2008

Greetings!

Greetings!!

My last posted caused a mild uproar with my friends and family (my mom was really upset), but it wasn't about my post. It was about a anonymous comment left on my blog. I was very hurt by many of the things that were in that comment but, I know that the person who wrote it (who ever they are) did not mean to be hurtful. One night was I was talking to Greg about it, he said to only focus on the good. He said that there are thing in that comment that are hurtful, but there are somethings in there that aren't. Focus on those.

To be honest that just made me even more upset. But it also got me thinking. I am limited by my health right now but things do go better when you look outside yourself. Yesterday was Kolbie's 8th birthday. I decided when I woke up that I was going to do the best I could to make that day special for Kolbie. I cleaned, and baked a birthday cake, and made Kolbie's favorite dinner. Things didn't go perfectly, dinner was ready about 10 minutes before the family showed up for her birthday party. She and her best buddy had to eat most of their dinner about 9pm, but they didn't care. The house wasn't perfect, but it was fine. Everything went well and most important KOLBIE HAD A GREAT TIME!!! Today I feel like I've been hit by a truck and haven't gotten a thing done, but I don't really care. I did over do it a bit, but Kolbie was happy.

Something else I've learned was: when you need help sometimes you just have to ask! The relief society president for my ward read my blog and then showed up at my house and started to get things organized for some help. The next day 5 beautiful women in my ward showed up and cleaned my house. That was difficult for me, but I just had to let go and stop worrying. They did a great job, and cleaned my house. My mom and sister showed up on Saturday and straightened up my house again, and my mom took all of our laundry home and came back the next day with every thing washed and folded and ready to be put away. I cannot even tell you how much those women all helped me. From bringing in dinner to washing the toilet, they were all miracle workers!! Thank you so much. This taught me that we sometimes think that our bishop or relief society president, or home and visiting teachers would just know that we need help. Sometimes the spirit does direct someone to help another, but not always. Sometimes you have to be humble enough to ask for help and then be gracious enough to accept it.

Anyway, it's been a roller-coaster the last week or so. My procedure for my back didn't help, so I'm going back in to see my doctor in about a week and a half. We'll see what happens. I'm scared of what the next step is to get me healthy again, but I'll just have to wait and see. Thank you so much to everyone who helped us out and is still helping us out. Every time you help us, your a miracle to me and my family. Thank you!

About that post: ALL FUTURE ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DISREGARDED AND DELETED. I really don't mind what people write, but at least have the guts to put your name on it!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday to Kolbie !! I can't believe she is eight :)

Aly said...

Thanks for having Annie over!!!! SHE LOVED IT!!!!