Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"My Love Handles Broke Up With Me Today"

Funny story!:

When Chris got home from baseball practice on Monday, he walked in the door and yelled:

"Hey Mom!! I think my love handles broke up with me today!"

Me: "What?"

Chris: "I think my love handles broke up with me and are movin out today!"

Me: "What do you mean?"

Chris: "Well, they (the coaches) ran us so hard today, I think my love handles broke up with me and are movin out. And I don't think they'll ever move back in."

Me: "They ran you that hard?"

Chris: "Oh yeah. They ran us so hard Peter threw-up. It was awesome!"

Me: "You know that they could run you so hard tomorrow that you could be the one throwing up?"

Chris: "That would be so awesome!"

I think my son's perspective is a little off. What really matters most is that he's having the time of his life!!! He truly loves to play baseball, and he worships his coaches. Roger Jr., Johnnie, Travis, Don, and Popi thanks so much for all your hard work.

This story makes me laugh every time I think about it. Greg just rolls his eyes and shakes his head. But Chris has been smiling non-stop (except when he's yelling at his sisters) since practices started on Monday. He's so happy, and that makes me happy

3 comments:

The Wibergs said...

I wish mine would break up with me! (running til I puke doesn't sound cool to me!)

Jenny said...

puking for ANY reason doesn't sound cool to me!

That is pretty hilarious. What a funny thing to say.

Katie said...

I think that chris was pretty funny about his love handles.

And it's gross that someone would puke because they ran.