Thursday, October 16, 2008

Grateful

I was talking to my friend Erin the other day and she had run into a mutual friend of our. Erin told me that our friend had just left her husband because he started beating her. This started a conversation about husbands and boyfriends. Erin made the comment that she was really glad that she hadn't had to deal with that kind of drama. This conversation got me thinking about my husband.

I'm so grateful that I married Greg, he's amazing! I don't think he's wired to hurt me that way. Sure we argue and we've been in some BIG fights over the years (we've been together for 16 years -- WOW THAT'S A LONG TIME) but I just don't think that Greg could ever hit me or our kids.

Working where I do, I have a lot of friends that are younger than I am and aren't married. I am so glad that I'm not on the dating scene. Anyway, I'm surprised by how many women that I know that have to deal with their boyfriends being violent. It's a lot more common than I thought. I can't imagine having to add that to my list of worries.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

I am older and dating is not easier. I find women who are older are afraid of never marrying so they settle worried nothing better will come along..

Aly said...

I can't imagine living with someone like that...how terrifying!