Friday, October 10, 2008

Pathetic

For about as long as I can remember, Greg has always done a league of weekly football picks. And I almost always participate. But, I'm considering not participating anymore and here's why:

Last year Hayley (Greg's secretary's daughter) won. This year Tina and Hayley are currently number 2 and 3. The only problem? THEY CHEAT!!!!!! They go online and copy some "expert" picks. This drives me nuts! There are people who actually try to do well, and Tina and Hayley just copy.

Tina and Hayley will say: What's the big deal? It's only football picks, it's not like they matter. But they are ruining the fun for everyone else! And they're starting to tick me off!! I've participated for years, and Greg HAS NEVER told me which team to pick.

I know that I sound whiny, but KNOCK IT OFF TINA AND HAYLEY!!! If you can't handle just doing the picks on your own, then just don't participate!!! The idea of cheating is so un-original it makes me sick! This is supposed to be fun! And cheating only makes you look ridiculous! I know there are other people that participate that don't really care, like Louie. But at least he doesn't cheat, he does look pretty silly as he's flipping a coin to pick winners, but he doesn't cheat. On top of everything else, I was just informed that the over-all year end winner is given a prize.

There are about 75 people in this league and I know I'm not the only one that is irritated with the situation. I need to be clear about something: I don't lose sleep about this situation, it just makes me mad. I'm currently in 24th place (which is an all-time high for me), so it's not like Tina and Hayley are narrowly beating me out of first place. I just can't stand people that cheat, I think it's slimy. I don't understand why people think they are so special that the rules don't apply to them. Cheating at something like football picks is so unimaginative and pointless, in fact I think it's really pathetic.

NOTE TO TINA AND HAYLEY: The weekly football picks are supposed to be fun, but you guys aren't making it very fun because you chose to cheat. KNOCK IT OFF!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Greg said...

There are 98 people that do the picks each week. You are only 5 wins behind so you can catch them.