Tuesday, October 7, 2008

IT'S A ......BOY!!!



It's official, I'm the proud parent of a TEENAGER! I know I risk sounding old when I say this but: WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE??!!! I can't believe that he's 13 today! Happy Birthday, Buddy!!

I can't believe that Chris was born 13 years ago. I keep thinking of all the changes he's made, and all the milestones he's passed.

Being a parent is something that I don't think anyone is ever really ready for, at least I wasn't. But being a parent is the most important thing about me. I love being a Mom, I don't think I really had a heart until Chris was born. He opened my eyes to so many things around me, and has taught me so much about myself.

I remember when I was pregnant with Chris, and Greg and I were having dinner with some good friends that were expecting their first baby just a few months before we were. The subject about being a working Mom came up, and I remember tell them that I didn't want to be a stay-at-home Mom. I remember my friends husband just staring at me and saying: "I bet things will change when you have that baby." Well, he right! Everything changed when I had Chris.

I'm not a perfect mom, and I don't have perfect kids, but to me my children are the most amazing creations! I love watching them learn and grow and they make me laugh! One thing about my kids is that they don't put up with all my crap, they keep me real. I love spending time with them. In fact, the one thing I HATE about being back at work is I miss my kids.

Anyway, 13 years ago today I became a mom to the most wonderful boy in the world. Since he was born, my life has changed so much and I'm so glad. I got the son I always wanted, I've been so blessed.

4 comments:

The Wibergs said...

13!!! Happy birthday Chris!

Aly said...

Happy Birthday Chris!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Chris!!!!!!

Katie said...

I know it is a little late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS!!!!!!!