Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Post-Season Starts On A Down Note

Okay, those of you who know me know that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE baseball. But this post season has started on a particularly bad note.

I am a Mets fan, my husband is not.

My husband is a Dodgers fan, I AM NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who don't know the Mets blew a 3 game lead, and missed making the post season in the wild card spot by one stinking game!!!! The Dodgers won their division. I HATE THE DODGERS!!!!

So today on my lunch break I went and got a hamburger and sat in my car and listened to the Phillies-Brewers game. And to all my girlfriends who think I'm crazy, I don't tease you because you scrapbook! Anyway, I sat there eating my burger (that really hit the spot, by the way) listening to this ballgame, and got really upset. Not crying upset, just upset. All I could think about was how my team blew it AGAIN (we blew a 13 game lead last year). I honestly couldn't force myself to be happy for either team, my Mets should have been playing that game!! Instead, they just have to clean out their lockers. Greg loves it that my team didn't make the post-season.

Well, today the Cubs and the %$@(%&! Dodgers started their series. I got in my car after work and of course was listening to the game, just as some idiot on the Dodgers decides to hit a Grand-Slam!!! Greg will be insufferable tonight! I can just hear his glee and happiness. I think I'm going to be sick.

I can deal with my team not making the post-season. I really can, you can't make it every year -- it impossible. But the thing that I really can't handle is that not only did my team not make the post-season, but Greg's team did. This is bad, very, very bad.

GO CUBS!!!!!

3 comments:

Greg said...

Nice Background!
No on to more imprtant things, GO DODGERS!!! I think you could probably hear me screaming as the grand slam was clearing the fence. James Loney is my hero! Just so you know the score was 2 to 0 Cubs when I left work, not only did the Cubs walk the next three hitters but then we hit the grand slam. I got out of my car with the score 4 to 2, got my hair cut. I got back in the car and heard Manny belt one, 5 to 2. When I got home I ran into the house came back out to go to the store and the Dodgers scored 2 more on my way to the store. I am the good luck charm.
GO DODGERS!!!!!!!!

Jill said...

If you really think that getting in and out of your car gives the Dodgers some kind of good luck, then you are CRAZY!!! You screamed with joy, I cried in agony. GO CUBS!!!

Unknown said...

Love the background! You two crack me up.