Thursday, October 23, 2008

Favorite Time Of The Year!

This is one of my favorite times of year. Late October. Because of the "Fall Classic" -- The World Series! The only thing that has disappointed me with the Series this far, is how little the people around me know about it.

For instance:

Today I asked our truck driver Steve if he caught the game last night. His response: "There was a football game last night? Who played? There usually aren't games one Wednesday nights!!"

While talking to my friends at work, I mentioned that I watched the game last night and enjoyed every minute of it, up until the Rays lost. Carrie and Brooke stared at me blankly and asked: "Who's playing?" I told them the Phillies and the Rays. Brooke then asks: "What's a Ray? Isn't that a big fish?" I had to walk away because it was at that moment that I knew -- I was the strange one.

Am I really that different for loving sports as much as I do, particularly baseball? Is it really that weird that I read books about baseball and watch games any chance I can get. I have "my" Mets website on my favorites and check it everyday -- even during the off season. And I ask my husband to take me to a pro-game for my birthday. I don't make fun of my friends that Scrapbook or do any of those other "crafty" things (even though I have been known to do crafts in my deep dark past).

I'm sad that the season is almost over "officially". But I'm anxiously awaiting April 6th -- the Mets season opener and April 13th -- the Mets Home Opener. I'm not as bad a Greg at least I don't have my cell phone counting down the days and minutes to the first pitch for my favorite team, but who know maybe I will go that far during the dark, dreary winter.

Note To Greg: I'm already looking forward to my Mets kicking the Dodgers butts in May!:) I love you!

No comments: