Monday, July 28, 2008

A Baseball Weekend

Well, we survived the weekend in Spanish Fork. The team played 4 hard fought games. Unfortunately, we lost all 4 games. As for Chris, I'm so proud of him, I could just explode. He's done such a good job and he didn't quit (which was a bigger deal to me than anything). He played third base, center field, catcher and pitched (and did an awesome job) in the last game. Here are some pictures:







I know I've said before that I wasn't really ready for baseball to be done (with this team at least), but I am. I think that Chris has taken about all he can from this experience. I have to saya quick thanks to Roger, Johnnie, Don and Papi. They were the coaches and scorekeeper for the team. Thank you so much.

I asked Chris what he's learned from being on this all-star team. He said "...to not be scared." That shocked me, so I asked him what he meant. He said that he knows not to be scared when he plays because the other kids he's playing against are just kids his age. He also said that he learned that he made that team for a reason. When I translate all that it tells me that he's gained confidence, and I can see it when I watch him play. He's also not the Drama King he was before (every time he got hurt he was dying -- but not as much now). He even seems happier than he did before. I think its because he's having fun. He also worships Johnnie (he loves all his coaches but really likes Johnnie), he's made learning baseball fun for Chris.

I've said before that one of my favorite things to do is watch my kids do the things that they love. Well, watching Chris play baseball makes me so happy. I can tell when I watch him play that he loves it. His love for playing comes out even more when I take him to practice and he's smiling, and even when he talks about baseball. He's such a good kid!! I love him so much! He's taught me more than I could ever teach him.

I love you buddy!!!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

great minds think alike. a couple of days ago, i redid my blog and chose this same pattern...except with pink instead of red. that's twice that we've chosen the same blog backgrounds! :)

glad you had a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

That was a really good post Jill and i am glad that chris is having fun you are the coolest!!!!