Monday, July 14, 2008

The Drama Continues

I'm sad to announce that the Kearns Pony All-Star Team lost their second game today, in their double elimination tournament. I know that I've said before that I'm ready for baseball to be done for the year, but really I'm not. I am however ready for the drama to be over, but unfortunately it's not.

We played the Orem B team, and I felt the teams were pretty fairly matched, but we had some key errors. Basically, they just played better than we did. Chris had an error when he was playing center, grounded out, got a single, and got hit by 2 pitches. I about went nuts when he got hit the second time, but I'm proud to announce that I kept my cool.

I am about to lose my cool with some of the parents of this team. The parents that I mentioned in my previous post, still couldn't stop the bitching. We were going to sit in the shade in center field, but this family decided to sit there as well. At first we thought that things would be okay, but then she just started running her mouth. We decided to sit down by home plate, and roast on the asphalt. I know I had a better time roasting than I would have sitting in the shade listening to her complain.

The thing that really upsets me, is that this kid played the ENTIRE GAME, but that wasn't good enough. Chris told me that this kid was complaining about his spot in the batting order. Excuse me, but WHAT??????????? I guess that it's just one of those situations that no matter what you do, you just can't win. Oh and by the way, we still lost with "the best player in the league" playing the entire game.

I did promise myself that I would try to be more positive when I was around the kids, and I feel like I did pretty well. In fact, when the President of the league showed up, I didn't even tell him how upset I was when he announced that the league was such a mess and "no one had done anything in a long time" at closing ceremonies -- Greg was the previous president. I guess I did pretty well then, but I'm doing a pretty crappy job of being positive now.

Well, Roger has give the kids the week off from practice. I'm glad, but I know that we're going to be pretty bored around here come Thursday. I have to admit, that I really enjoy being involved with this team, and their families despite obvious personality conflicts.

The team is going to play in a tournament in Spanish Fork on the 25th and 26th, and I think we're going to make a mini-vacation out of the trip. With me being down and out as far as work goes we really don't have the funds to do any major vacationing this year, so Spanish Fork, here we come. The place may never be the same again.

Tomorrow I'm going in for my Pshycological Evaluation at the doctors office so I can get my pain control implant. Please no snide remarks about my mental stability. All joking aside this entire thing freaks me out allot!! Basically the doctor will put "leads" into the space between my backbone and my spinal cord which will be attached to a device that will be implanted under my skin. Then, I can use a remote control to control the amount of pain I'm in. It sounds like something that you'd see in a bad sci-fi movie, but if it works I won't complain. I will even have to carry a card with me in the event that I ever fly (because I'll set off the alarms) or am ever in a major accident. The entire thing is really scary, but I need to get my life back. I need to get back to work, I feel allot better about things in general when I have to work. I can get really down in the dumps when I'm stuck at home all the time. Maybe that's why I love this baseball team so much.

That's my update for today. Please leave a comment, I love comments. Next up: Greg gets attacked by a Rottweiler and baseball pictures!

No comments: