Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Prayers, Please

Things have been surprisingly quiet on the baseball front this week. YIPEE!!!! I must say that I'm surprised.

Right now I'm at my parents house and Dad's having a rough week. He just doesn't feel good at all. His speech is slurry, and he's even in some pain this week. The thing that is so frustrating about this #$^*$#@ disease is that you can have serious symptoms and your blood work comes back in the "normal"range. I can't tell you how angry I get when Mom tells me that all Dad's blood work is good. I don't want my dad to be sick, but he's got all these symptoms and his blood work says he's fine. I know it's the nature of the disease, but what gives?

Kolbie and I are going to go to my Doctors office is a little bit, to get my medication adjusted. I'm so tired of this ride with my pain, it sure makes the days drag on. My appointment today is to adjust my meds. I really don't get it, of course I'm depressed, this is a depressing situation. I've never been scared to tell people that I've had a life long relationship with depression, but I find that (lately) people are a little judgemental. Most people don't mean to be, but stupid things just fly out of peoples mouth.

So yes, I'm clinically depressed, I have been for most of my life. I remember being very small and feeling depressed, that's just part of who I am. Amazingly enough, the people that love me accept this part of me better than I do (most of the time, it's one of the things I hate the most about myself). I still don't understand why Greg would want to stick around, but he loves me, even if I don't understand why most of the time. So anyway, I'm going to get my meds adjusted by the dr.

I'm also going to talk to him about giving the ok for my pain implant. I asked my dr if one of his patients who has an implant if they could call me and tell me about it. So I got a call from a woman about my age. It sounds AMAZING!!!!!!! So, if I could get the doctor to give me the okay, that's the first step to get my life back.

So everyone, think good thoughts and say your prayers that 1) I can get my implants and 2) Dad can feel better (or maybe worse, so he can get his transplant).

Oh, and if you could pray for the Mets, they let first place slip from their fingers!!! They need all the help they can get!!!! They have to get to first place!!!!

No comments: