Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Calm Before The Storm

This has been a weird weekend, nothings happening. No ball games, birthday parties, weddings, ect. So I've spent Saturday doing my laundry. I've had some energy and (surprise, surprise) some ambition. My definition of the laundry being done, is EVERYTHING is washed, dried, ironed and put away (including socks)! Which means my laundry is NEVER done. I've come pretty close today, but not quite finished. And unfortunately, I'll be paying for it tomorrow (today actually). It's only 7pm and I'm already in a lot of pain.

Also, we've had Connie Ficker with us this weekend while her parents are out of town. She's a good kid, and I enjoy having her around, she makes me smile.

Katie is getting ready to go to Mill Hollow on Monday, and she is so excited. She's so excited it's not bordering on annoying, but she's only 11 so she does annoying well.

Chris has spent most of the weekend hanging out with Austin, they went to the Geex Festival. It's something about video games. He bought 3 games for 10 bucks (all of them sports games--we already have a million of those), he's so excited because he got such a great deal. His sisters and I have enjoyed making fun of him because he willingly went the "Geek" Festival.

Kolbie is been playing with her best buddy Annie. She's been a little stinker about doing chores, reading and doing her math flash cards, so if anyone has any ideas about how to help with that I'd really appreciate it.

We're all looking forward to Chris' All-Star team playing in a tournament next weekend. Practices start next week. YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!! We've been so bored this week, I can't wait. I hope that none of the other families are going to make this tournament difficult because I'm really looking forward to it. I have a weird feeling because one of the other Dads asked Greg what kind of tournament it was. He was shocked when Greg told him it was a "Super League" tournament. Oh well, hopefully nothing will happen.

This has got to be the most boring blog I've ever written, there's just not much going on right now. I'm grateful for the quiet, but I'm a little nervous. You know the old saying, "...the calm before the storm..."

1 comment:

Aly said...

I was just thinking the same thing....nothing happening, nothing to blog about....REALLY NEED to blog about SOMETHING to get rid of the "weight" post:)