Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hollywood, The Real Deal?

Today I was listening to The Colin Cowherd show on ESPN radio and he made a point tht I've been trying to make for several years. He was talking about how "real" movie are.

He was referencing a article by a movie critic about the move "X-Files". The critic said a scene depiciting a doctor injecting stem cells into a boys brain was "unrealistic". Really? Well, that's news.

A couple of years ago when the new Superman movie came out, I remember asking a friend if she liked the movie. She said "... it was alright. The scene where Superman saves Lois Lane from the airplane is totally unrealistic, though." OH MY GOSH!!!! Aparantley a movie about a man that choses to wear tights, flighs through the air, and has super-human strength is realistic!! Are you kidding me?

Since when has Hollywood been about being real? All you have to do is look at Pamela Anderson and know that's not true. If Hollywood was about being real, you'd seen Angelina Jolie with saggy boobs, stretch marks, and bags under her eyes because she was up all night with her newborns. Instead what do you see? You see the mother of a 12 year old that looks like Pamela Anderson!!! All you ever see from Hollywood is flat tummies, perky boobs, tight butts in clothes that cost the gross national product of some small island nations!! And the men are no better!! Go check out all the bi-ceps shown in an OK! Magazine, and then check out all the bi-ceps that are at your family reunion and you'll see what I mean.

I am so sick of people acting like Hollywood is the real deal!! Why is everyone so shocked when a star shows their true colors? Has anyone thought that maybe Jennifer Aniston is difficult to be in a relationship with? Maybe there is a stretch mark within the city limits of the Los Angeles metropolitian area!

I know that I sound bitter, maybe I am. I notice that my husband notices all those pictures of women that are either air-brushed or plastic and it bugs me. How do you compete with perfection?

3 comments:

The Wibergs said...

Your blog looks great. I got on and wondered if I had the right one. ;) Oh, and by the way, I'm SO grateful school's starting back up! I wanted to vote 10 times or something to show my enthusiasm on that one! (Love my kids, need the help of pros to teach 'em!)

Sarah said...

AMEN!

The Wibergs said...

So...how'd it go today? I'm sure you're feeling not so hot right now, but when will you know if we can have a major celebration party?