Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hug Your Kids

Today, I've been online looking at the obituary page of the Salt Lake Tribune. I'm sure many of you heard about the double murder in Salt Lake this past Monday. Well, I'm sad to say that I know the family of one of the murder victims.

I don't know that family well, but my heart is breaking for them. I knew them from the ward I grew up in. Nice family. Michael was adopted, and I remember when they got him. I thought he was the cutest baby I'd ever seen.

Thinking about this tragedy makes me very grateful that my kids were safe in their beds last night. The only thing that I can think of that would be worse than having your child murdered is having them taken and not knowing if they're okay. I keep thinking of Michael's parents and how difficult this must be for them. I can't imagine getting that phone call.

So today do me a favor, hug your kids twice as long, and tell them how much you love them. Also, in your prayers tonight please ask that this family will be okay, they need all the love and support they can get right now. Also, thank God for your children.

2 comments:

Aly said...

HUG, HUG, HUG! I will do it! That is so terrible, I really hate hearing about tragedies like that...way too sad:(

Unknown said...

Thanks for reminder. I'll do it too!