Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Cheering Section

Today, Chris ran in a Cross-Country track meet. I am so proud of him, I could just explode.

My Dad and I got there just as things Chris' heat was starting. I'd never been to a track meet before, so it took me a minute to figure things out. I found Chris right away and watched him run. I took off and ran to different parts of the course so Chris could see that I was there and he could hear me cheer for him.

Chris isn't a runner by nature, but he did such a great job! He took 68th out of
74. He didn't give up and that, to me is so much more important than taking first place.

The one thing that I did notic was that when Chris saw me, my father and sister-in-law, Greg and my dad he did perk up and did better. I guess the main thing I learned from this experience was:

1. Don't give up.

and

2. Every kid needs a cheering section.

My favorite thing in the world to do is to watch my kids do something that they love and work hard for. And trust me, Chris worked hard for this track meet. I don't think I've ever been so proud of him. I've watched Chris compete in many different sports, but this one was different. He was on his own, he wasn't part of a team. He did great and I'm so proud of him!

I can't wait to cheer for him again!

3 comments:

Heather said...

That is wonderful. I agree that EVERY kids needs their own cheering section!!!!!!

Aly said...

Way to go Chris, that is AWESOME! Glad that he had such a big cheering section!

Greg said...

Good job Chris! I should note that his goal for next week is to run and not stop the entire race. If everytime he sets new goals he will get better.