Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Our Bright Future






Over the last week or so Kolbie has shown an amazing amount of intrest in stories about our wedding. I don't know why, but she asks me every night, "Mom, come and tell me stories about when you and Dad got married."

On Sunday I was laying down in my room and Kolbie walked in and saw my closet open. She pulled out my Temple Dress and asked if that was the dress I got married in. When I told her no, she asked if I still had my dress. When I told her I did, she started begging me to get it out so she could "... really look at it!" I couldn't resist! When I got it out I had to let her try it on, and as you can see she looked so beautiful! And then of course I had to let Katie try it on too. I think that Kate and Kolbie are the two most beautiful girls on the planet, but they looked even more amazing in my beautiful dress. Kolbie even asked if she could wear my dress for Halloween. When I told her no, she asked if she could wear it when she got married. This made me laugh because chances are she'll change her mind about that one.

With Kolbie asking so many questions about my wedding, it's forced me to take some trips down Memory Lane. As I look back, I have a list of thing that I'd do different, but honestly the day I got married was one of the 4 happiest days of my life (the other 3 were when the kids were born). I remember being so happy, and honestley I still am. Greg and I have had our rough times, and we still argue about stupid things that don't matter, but I love Greg more than I ever thought I could. We've been together for over 16 years now, and I'm still so happy. When I look back at our rough times it proves to me how much Greg loves me and how committed he is to me and our children.

Seeing my girls with my wedding dress on made me feel so excited for our future. The teenage years still freak me out a bit (I'm way too young to be the mother of a teenager, right?) but our future is bright. I'm sure there will be bumps in the road and a couple of detours, but I'm excited about our future.

Won't these two make beautiful brides one day?

5 comments:

Betsy said...

It depends if Greg lets them date. I fear Annie and Sofia's father might have issues with the concept of dating.

Jill said...

Greg is already saying that he won't let them date until they are at least 25! He doesn't like the idea of anyone taking "his girls" away from him.

Katie said...

I think I can make a change in that one so keep your eyes open!!!

Kolbie said...

Mom the gress was the cutes gress ever and I wont to be in your weding gress for halloween!!!!!!!!! U are the cutest ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Wibergs said...

How fun! I bet they LOVED trying it on.