Sunday, August 24, 2008

Another Lagoon Experience

As I said before, when we went to Lagoon, I spent most of the day observing the people around me. Here's an obersavtion for the record books:

We were walking over towards the Wild Mouse when a young couple walked past us. The guy was wearing a pair of black shorts and a "wife beater" tank top. The girl (notice that I don't call her a lady) was wearing a one piece swimsuit (I've scene string bikini's cover more skin) and a denim mini-skirt. The skirt was very, very mini. Well, the girl had a wedgie, and she chose to pick her wedgie by reaching under her skirt and jumping and wiggling. Greg saw the same thing that I did and started to chuckle. Katie saw it and asked me if I noticed it and what was that girl thinking? My reply: I don't know what she's thinking but that's not lady-like. Kate: Duh, Mom.

Maybe I'm too Old School, but what the heck happened to manners? They sure don't seem to matter anymore. From getting flipped off during rush hour traffic to belching at the dinner table, what's going on? I hate to say it but my Grandmother would be disgusted with the fact that manners don't matter anymore. I won't say I'm perfect, but I do try, and I don't allow my children to forget manners either. Maybe I'm just too "Old School".

2 comments:

Aly said...

Oh the joys of people watching at Lagoon! It's just one of those places that you find a lot of interesting people:)

Jenny said...

i don't think you are too old school at all. too bad more people aren't.