Sunday, August 10, 2008

How I Really Am Part 2

I'm sure some of you read a post I had a couple of months ago titled: How I Really Am. Basically I vented how crappy my life was at that time. Well, I thought it was time for an update!

Many things have not changed for me. I'm still in a great deal of pain daily, and am hoping to have my Pain Control Implant placed this coming week. I still can't drive, and I'm alone often. BUT! I'm very, very, very grateful for so many things in my life.

First, I'm grateful for friends and neighbors who have really gone the extra mile with service. I'm grateful for Carin and the great example, and amazing friend she had turned into for me. She has really come through for me in so many ways. Thank you so much for everything!

I'm grateful for members of my ward and neighborhood that have helped me and my family with amazing service. I've had meals brought in, and even had people help clean my house!!! The service that has been given to my family is such an example to my family. The kids have even commented on how great everyone has been!

I'm grateful for my wonderful husband! He puts up with so much! He listens to me complain about so many things and still makes me smile almost everyday! He really has started to try to understand how I'm feeling and puts up with so much.

The other day, I had spent most of the day trying to clean the house, and was finishing my day helping wash Kolbie's hair. I was feeling miserable but was struck with realization of how much I love being a mother. Motherhood was not something that I pictured myself doing as a teenager, and was scared to death when we decided to start our family. I have always been afraid that I would fail my children in some way. I'm not a perfect mother, but I love being the mother of Chris, Kate and Kolbie! My kids are amazing, and I love them more than anything in the world. I love that they cry on my shoulder and can be make me laugh almost everyday. I love teasing Kate, talking sports with Chris, and reading with Kolbie. I even love the less glamorous parts of parenthood like taking care of sick kids and discipline. My children have brought me so much joy. I always thought it was so corny when moms would say that their children are the lights of their lives, but now I truly understand what they meant. I love being Chris, Kate and Kolbie's mom!

So I guess how I really am is: grateful for my friends and neighbors, grateful for a loving husband, and happy being a Mom to the 3 greatest kids I know! That's how I really am!

P.S. There was a comment posted on that blog that I felt I didn't handle very well. Whoever you are I'm sorry if I offended you.

6 comments:

The Wibergs said...

I'm so glad you're doing so well! I've had fun getting to know you better this past month too. So what's the lastest with the implant thing? You mentioned before that you might not be able to get it and be able to have lithotripsy (aka: deathtraps---still laughing at that!)

Jill said...

It looks like i might be able to get the implant after all. YIPEE!! I should be going in on Thursday.

Aly said...

I am glad that you are feeling better about your life:)

Jenny said...

I'm glad you're feeling better about things too! :) I'm also glad to hear that you should be able to get the implant. I really hope that it is helpful and makes the pain more bearable.

I should have said this when you picked up the cookbooks but if you want suggestions, I can tell you what recipes we like and those we haven't liked so much. OF course, every family is different. (And you'll also see that I've written comments/tagged some.) Hope the cookbooks are helpful. In a few weeks to a month, I would love to do a cooking day where you Carin, Aly, and I each cooked one or two meals times 8 and then traded them. :)

Kolbie said...

Mom Ilove you to much and do not for git that it is Kolbie so as I wus saing I wus tiping to day on the coputer and I love you to much by me and Kate Chris and Daddy to and we love you and harley to!!!!!!!

Jill said...

I would love to trade dinners! Thanks for letting me borrow the books.