Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Mom




This is my Mom. Anything good about me comes from something this beautiful woman taught me.

My Mom will love me no matter what, and that's pretty amazing to me. My mom has always been a working mom, but I never felt like there was anything more important than our family to her. There have been times that have been difficult for my mom, but she has shown me over the years that she will do anything for her children. Even if it's painful.

Mom amazes me about so many things. She can always change my perspective about things. And she loves to tease me about the silly things I do. The best thing about my mom is that she is happy if we're happy. The main expectation that Mom has had for me over the years is to be happy and productive. When I'm happy with my life, Mom's happy. When I'm not being productive or am doing something I shouldn't she is the first to tell me to shape up.

Mom for me is grace personified. With Dad being sick Mom's in a position that she never thought she would be in. Most days she does an amazing job of keeping things going. She can even deal with me and my emotions about Dad being sick. Mom has dealt with the realities of Dad being sick in such a graceful way.

Mom loves being a Grammie (grandma) to all her grandchildren. Her face lights up when she sees her grand kids, it's a great thing to watch. She tries to have snacks at her house just for the kids (and when I say just for the kids, I mean just for the kids -- I got scolded for eating those snacks). She loves those kids so much.

My mom is my truest friend. She is always on my side (except when I'm wrong), and is the first one to tell me I'm wrong. My Mom is someone I can laugh with and tell secrets to. My Mom is the first person I go to when my heart is breaking, and when I'm over the moon happy.

Sometimes I worry because I'm afraid that she feels like she's not as important to me, as my Dad is. But she's just as dear to me as anyone. Abraham Lincoln once said: "Everything I am is because of my angel mother". That's how I feel about my Mom. Everything good about me comes from something she taught me. Thank you Mom for just being you! I love you!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

what beautiful posts about your mom and dad!