Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Redeemed Team?

I've been watching the Olympics A LOT!!! But one thing I refuse to watch is Men's Basketball. If you've read my blog for a while you know that I'm not a fan of basketball. I think I should change that opinion: I'm not a fan of professional basketball, I can handle college and high school basketball. But I digress, I DETEST the Olympic Mens Basketball team!!!

On the way to the hospital on Thursday we were listening to ESPN Radio and they asked an intresting question. If you would watch Michael Phelps swim or the Basketball Team play, what would you watch? I'd have to say I'd watch Michael Phelps, but if the question was: Would rather watch paint dry or the Basketball Team play what would you watch? I'd pick watching paint dry.

If the basketball team were made up of the best college players in the country, it might be more intresting. The team they have now has made it almost impossible to lose, and I hate that. I feel watching a team play that cannot be beaten is boring, and a bit insulting. Why all this big talk about this team? They win by so many baskets it sickening! The big talk was about Greece and how the team needed to avenge a loss in the last Olympics. What's the fun of watching a team that can't be beaten?

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I feel that watching a team that can lose is more exciting than watching a team that's unbeatable. I guess my main questionis: What's the point? What's the point of watching a team that not only can't be beaten, but wins by huge amounts every game? What's the fun in that? Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they will lose, but I doubt it.

5 comments:

Greg said...

No wonder you like the Mets. They lose all of the time!!!

Jill said...

Says the Dodger Fan.

Aly said...

I agree Jill, I could care less to watch the Olympic basketball team! There is just something about watching a guy like Michael Phelps vs. watching a bunch a super star basketball players play ANOTHER ball game IN THE Olympics! I never have been able to figure it out so I am glad you did!

Stephanie said...

You said "What's the fun of watching a team that can't be beaten?"

Hello? Michael Phelps can't seem to be beaten either. What's the point of watching somebody who can be beaten?

Jill said...

Hello -- Michael Phelps won one of his races by .01 of a second, it seems to me that you can't cut it any closer than that! He also came from behind to win 2 of his races!